Welcome to our 2018 Festival Survival Guide:
With a few simple steps and wise moves, you can quite easily transform your festival experience for the better. Taking the time to plan and execute a strategic packing plan will undoubtedly improve festival life. Having learned the hard way on many occasions, we’ve pulled together some of our favourite festival lifehacks and product picks that will improve your festival experience.
1. Stay hydrated
An obvious place to start that is unfortunately almost always neglected. Staying hydrated is especially important if the sun is shining and will also help with the hangover the next day. We’ve picked out some hard wearing, compact water bottles for you to pack.
2. Minimise toiletries
Packing light is what it’s all about at a festival. Minimising needless amounts of toiletries is a great place to start. The Travel Bottle and Pot Kit is a convenient alternative to taking full-size cosmetics and liquids. You could even use them to stow booze. Don’t forget toilet paper!
3. Cook your own meals
We’re not heathen, one can still eat gourmet without the expense of on site festival catering. The compact and portable Kuchoma Barbecue Grill from Primus has been designed to be as light and functional as possible. It’s perfect for bacon sarnies to take the edge off a rough morning.
4. Select the right carry companion
A bag is a festival essential – normally 2 or 3 are required for different elements of the event experience. Given that we are bag specialists and that this is such an important item, we’ve put together a whole separate guide.
Here’s a selection from each of the sections in our bag guide
5. Lights will guide you home
Excuse the Coldplay pun, we couldn’t resist. Reliable and bright lighting to get you back to the tent and to save you from rummaging around in the dark is a lifesaver. Especially as your phone will have run out of battery filming bands…
6. Get a good night’s kip
Don’t pack a pillow… it just takes up too much room in the car and they’re a pain to carry. The 3-in-2 Omni pillow can be transformed from a neck pillow to a full memory foam pillow that packs into a minimal, compact waterproof pouch.
- By MatadorBeach Accessories, Camping Accessories, Travel EssentialsNew and improved pocket-friendly, lightweight and water-resistant outdoor blanket - so compact it can fit on your keychain£31.50£31.50
- By BanaleTravel EssentialsRevolutionary 3-in-1 packable memory foam travel pillow that provides ultimate comfort whilst on the move£53.00£53.00
7. Carry around some (legal) pick me ups
Not much beats a caffeine hit to start the day. Especially at a festival where it can be just what the doctor ordered to kick the hangover. There’s no need to pack shoddy instant. You can still get great coffee with the Wacaco Nanopresso. You can either use pods with the adaptor version, or go all out and take a grinder. Either way you’ve got barista-quality espresso at your fingertips.
- By WacacoBut First Coffee, Portable Espresso MachinesNespresso pod adapter for the Wacaco Nanopresso£21.50£21.50
- By WacacoBut First Coffee, Portable Espresso MachinesMake double espressos with the Nanopresso-compatible Barista kit for double the coffee on the go£32.00£32.00
8. Shower and dry off properly
Depending on the festival you’re headed to, you may or may not have the opportunity to shower. If not you’ll most probably be using the old bottle of water technique. Either way, you’re going to need to dry off. We’ve got you covered with some great travelling towels that stow within super portable cases.
Our full Festival Collection has plenty more inspiration covering whatever you’ve got planned this summer: