FREE SHIPPING ON UK ORDERS OVER £50
Coconut Reward Points
Our Loyalty scheme rewards you for every order with Bear & Bear, giving you 5% of your order value in points for every purchase. There are also other ways to earn points which keep things interesting....
We see Bear & Bear as an extended tribe all with similar values when it comes to how they consume. We have chosen Coconuts as our reward "currency" based on the Kuna tribe of Panama. Read more about this below.
We invite you into our tribe, by creating an account you will immediately benefit from a sign-up bonus and the addition of the value of any qualifying orders you made in the last 90 days being added to your points total.
HOW TO WIN AT COCONUTS:
We've made it simple to be rewarded for your loyalty, just follow these steps to get the most Coconuts for your bucks:
- Sign up for an account (you'll receive 5 Coconuts worth £5) that can be used immediately.
- Any orders you have made in the last 185 days will automatically be added to your account.
- You'll also receive a welcome email with a single use 10% off code that can be used in conjunction with your Coconut Reward Points.
- Every order you make with Bear & Bear will build up your Coconut Reward Points total with 5% of the order value being added to your account (including orders you make using Coconut Reward Points).
- Make sure you are also signed up to our newsletter so we can keep you updated with special offers related to your Coconut Reward Points.
ALL THE DETAILS:
- You receive 1 Coconut Reward POint for every £20 spent - 5% of each order value.
- Each Coconut Reward point is worth £1 to be redeemed on www.bearandbear.com (they have no cash value outside of the website).
- Coconut Reward points are valid for 185 days from when they are assigned and you'll receive an email 10 days before they expire.
- There is a minimum order value of £30 required to use Coconut Reward Points, and a maximum of £100 value of Coconut Reward Points can be used on a single order.
- Coconut Reward Points can be used on sale items.
- The 5% total will be applied on the value of your order after discounts and excluding any shipping charges. If you receive a full or partial refund or cancel your order then your Coconut Reward Points totals will be adjusted.
- You can easily reset your password here if you’ve forgotten it. If you’d like to check which email address you used to set-up an account you can contact our customer services: email@example.com
Why are they called Coconuts Reward Points?
Coconuts was chosen in recognition of a small tribe of indigenous people who inhabit the San Blas archipelago of 340 islands off the coast of Panama.
The Guna (or Kuna) people live in what can only described as a tropical paradise on the Caribbean coast. Their economy is mainly based on the production of coconuts on floating mangroves, and it is said that until the late 1990’s this was their currency.
I visited them after they’d made the transition to US Dollars and it was an incredible experience to touch down in a 12-seater plane (which is basically their coach service to the mainland) along a thin strip of sand in the sea. Then take a small boat to stay in a traditional wooden hut. Whilst there we spent the day on our own uninhabited deserted desert island, got married in a hammock, ate tons of fish and got to know more about these amazing people.
If you are planning a visit to Panama or anywhere, then this is a highly recommended getaway from it all. It shows a completely alternative way of live and social organisation that is thriving despite the challenges of modern day.
So our “reward points” system on Bear & Bear is dedicated to the Kuna tribe in the hope that people will make the effort to go and visit them.