Stockholm City Guide – Presented by Sandqvist
We turned to bag specialists Sandqvist to get their insight into our Stockholm City Guide. To get some insights into the buzzing hive of activity that’s Stockholm, it’s ideal to get the local view. And who better than the stylish designers from Sandqvist to guide us through Sweden’s majestic capital?
Perched idyllically upon the shores of the icy Baltic Sea, Stockholm’s elegance will immediately impress. Whilst the city is steeped in history with its, oh so Instagramable architecture; Stockholm is a dynamic global design hub and is buzzing to the brim with unique bars and eateries. Sandqvist guides you through this lesser-explored gem. If this wasn’t on the hit list before, it might well be after reading some of these handy city hacks…
- BackpacksSleek, stylish and simple 11L organic cotton canvas and high-quality leather backpack with laptop compartment for everyday carry£169.00£169.00
- BackpacksSleek, stylish and simple 11L organic cotton canvas and high-quality leather backpack with laptop compartment and new metal hook closure£169.00£169.00
- BackpacksSandqvist Hege Metal Hook 18L black cotton canvas backpack with internal organisational pockets and laptop compartment where timeless design meets function£190.00£190.00
- BackpacksDual-function 13L lightweight backpack and tote bag with an innovative integrated yoga mat slip pocket£140.00£140.00
- Sale, Duffle and Gym Bags, Overnight and Carry On Bags, BackpacksSuper functional, water resistant and durable travel backpack where utility and function are key
- Sale, BackpacksA simple and stylish 14L burgundy colour backpack with classic looks made from durable, rugged organic cotton canvas
- Sale, BackpacksExceedingly durable and functional 17L backpack suitable for the city and outdoor adventures
B&B: Where’s your favourite coffee spot?
Sandqvist: Petrus Bakery at Mariatorget for their delicious pastries and bread, and it’s also right across the street from the first ever Sandqvist store. Twang Café has a relaxed, non-pretentious feel – and a rad guitar shop in the basement. Or Bio Rio in Hornstull – get a great cup of coffee and catch a movie at the same time.
B&B: What about a great bar?
Sandqvist: Garlic and Shots. Just your average friendly biker bar. Good food, drinks and music. Just don’t order fancy Ales and hip drinks… you might be asked to leave. Södra Teatern – Mosebacketerrassen, offers great views over Stockholm, ping pong tables and live music. Just down the street, there’s a great tattoo parlour and a hip Pizza place with vanilla flavoured beer.
B&B: What’s one must-do activity whilst you’re in the area?
Sandqvist: Eat at Indio Kitchen and mosey around the Nytorget area. Maybe have a drink at one of the many bars in the neighbourhood. Enjoy the park in the sunshine. If it’s all in one area it counts as one right?!
B&B: How about a great walking tour?
Sandqvist: Go for a walk along the water from Hornstull to Skanstull. It’s an absolute favourite of mine. There’s a square midway through – during the summer there’s food trucks and a pop-up boule bar.
Having had the pleasure of a trip to Stockholm ourselves, when we actually discovered the brand, we have a couple of additional tips to share. We stayed at the Hotel J – a beautifully-designed, with an impeccably stylish nautical-theme. This theme even extends to the fact that you can reach the centre of Stockholm via a short 15 minute boat trip. It’s a pretty magical experience.
Sandqvist themselves now have an incredible flagship store in Stockholm which is getting rave reviews and will give you an insight into the whole brand and the story behind it. Well worth a look:
That’s our concise Stockholm City Guide – thanks to Sandqvist. We can’t wait until our next visit to try some of the tips for ourselves – maybe we’ll have to do a little buying trip…
If you’ve got a trip in mind then check out our Smart Traveller selection as we’ve got all the gear you need for an easy and streamlined trip: